iConnect EAS – Enterprise Application Server – is a distributed component architecture for the development and deployment of component-based business applications.
EAS components address critical business functions as objectified business logic, featuring encapsulation of business logic into business objects and an object to relational mapping persistence system.
EAS is the standard component architecture for building distributed object-oriented business applications in the Carthag platform. EAS makes possible to build distributed applications by combining components developed by different vendors.
EAS makes easy to write applications. Developers do not have to understand low-level details nor have to implement features like persistence, distributed logic serving, and other complex ones.
An EAS module can be developed once and deployed on multiple platforms without repackaging or source code modification.
- Encapsulates business logic in an EAS module
- Uses Carthag as framework
- Delivers optional persistence, with Value Objects and Data Access Objects
- EAS deployer
- Checks EAS module PHP code before deploying them
- Transparent access to remote EAS modules as if they were local
- Transparent access to local EAS modules without using EAS server
- Location of EAS modules through a EAS locator descriptor
- Own socket server for receiving requests and serving classes
- Authentication for accessing EASs and issuing actions
- XML based users/permissions file
- Per user Data Access Source Name for persistent EAS modules
- Uses XML-RPC as communication protocol
- Uses PHP internal XML-RPC server implementation for faster speed
- Watch dog for monitoring EAS server and restarting it in case of failure
- Supports EAS session for the entire lifetime of a remote object
- Sessions garbage collector
- Benchmarks supplied
EAS is covered by the Mozilla Public License.
You can download EAS from the Carthag Projects download page.